Jump Start Your Gallon Grad!
Tuesday, July 21 through Tuesday, July 28
For one week only this summer, jump start your Gallon Grad before the school year begins! All high school blood donors are eligible. Even if you haven’t started the Gallon Grad program yet, now’s a great time to begin.
- Double Donation Credit! By donating once between July 21-28, you’ll earn two donation credits toward fulfillment of the donate requirement.
- Bring 3 Friends! If you sign up 3 donors to join you and they donate between July 21-28, you’ll fulfill the recruitment requirement. Typically this requirement only applies to first-time donors. This week it can be first-time donors or regular blood donors.
Questions? Contact Jeff Uhlenbrauck: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call (800) 280-4102 or select the blood drive below to register online. All high school location drives are open to the public.
- Tuesday, July 21: Oshkosh Donor Center, Noon-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 22: Appleton Donor Center, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-6 p.m.
- Thursday, July 23: Pick n’ Save at Fox Point Plaza, 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 27: Reedsville High School, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28: Kaukauna High School, 1-7 p.m.
- Find other mobile blood drives near you between July 21-28
- Schedule at a donor center, any time between July 21-28
Log your entries by Aug. 15. to get your jump start bonus applied to your Gallon Grad profile!
High school blood donors are extremely important in supporting the needs of local hospitals and patients. In fact, high school blood donors account for as much as 10% of The Community Blood Center’s overall blood donations.
So what is the Gallon Grad program? This unique program is about more than just blood donation. It’s about helping others understand why blood donation is so important and to encourage others to make it a lifesaving habit as well. More blood donors means that we can help more patients.
In short, it’s both the first step in creating a life-long passion for blood donation and an opportunity to reward high school students who play a critical role in supporting their local community.
The Gallon Grad program is available to students enrolled at one of our partner high schools. Gallon Grad students must complete two of the following requirements over the course of their high school career (students may complete the donate, recruit or host requirement twice):
- Donate blood at least three times
- Volunteer for a minimum of five hours
- Recruit a minimum of five new donors (defined as haven't donated in two years)
- Host a blood drive
Why should you join the Gallon Grad program?
High school students join Gallon Grad as a way to give back to their community through donating, volunteering or encouraging others to donate. Supporting blood donation directly impacts local patients in local hospitals and is a great way for students to engage in the community in support of an important cause.
What do you receive if you complete the Gallon Grad requirements?
In addition to the satisfaction of saving lives, those who complete the program will receive:
- A distinctive cord to wear at their high school graduation
- A certificate recognizing their achievement as a Gallon Grad
- Recognition at their high school awards ceremony
How do I join the Gallon Grad program?
It’s easy! All you need to do to join is visit our Gallon Grad portal page, create a profile and begin logging your achievements!